Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring Classics 2023

I have set all start times at 9am UTC. I will update and add profiles when I get more details.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

24 comments

Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Liege tomorrow is going to be an absolute cracker.  Or Pog is going to attack early and kill the race.

Hopefully, teams will throw the man and his dog at him early.

A massive shame Roglic isn't riding.  I think he is the only rider with the form and qualities to beat Pog at the moment.  Jumbo must think it isn't worth disrupting his Giro prep.  For me, that is a clue that Roglic is in good enough shape to beat Evenepoel.  Good luck with that.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

It's a shame that Pogacar crashed out, the race was set up for a proper duel. The big one day races all seem to have had one dominant rider this year and a solo victory. Whilst you have to admire the performances, a bit more head to head action would be nice! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yep, we missed a good race there.  The fact Roglic didn't race shows how seriously he is taking the Giro, for me.  I think Rog wants one last go at the big one next season.

6 weeks out for Pog!  Will it open things up for up Le Tour?

Pidcock is pretty unlucky.  He is probably the best of the rest in nearly everything.  Ardennes, he has to beat Superman Pog and Superman Evenepoel.  In Flanders, MVPD, VA, Pog!  A generation of unbelievably good riders.

I wonder whether Pidcock will start to focus on Grand Tours when he realises what he is up against in the classics?

0 likes

Yes, Pidcock has decisions to make. He is trying to keep every avenue open at the moment with his Mountain Biking and Cyclocross alongside the road. Looking at the racing programmes of the Grand Tour contenders he would have to make some big changes to what he currently does. Ultimately it's his decision - its hard to say he has to give up Mountain Biking when he's World Champion at it - but to win a Grand Tour something probably has to give.

0 likes

Did Powless and Gaudu crash out of Amstel Gold today?

Both DNFs but I couldn't work out who was in the crash and must have been away from the TV when the viewers found out what happened.

1 like

You have to feel sorry for Degenkolb today!  MVDP basically shouldered him out of the race there.

MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
3 likes

Damn inaccurate startlists.

I had to pick my team Monday and Jumbo Vima didn't have Laporte listed, so I swapped him out for van Baarle.

Outcome is a guaranteed win for Laporte.

0 likes

Dwars Door Vlaanderen will be interesting.  Today we find out whether Pidcock and/or Alaphilippe can do something in De Ronde.

Personally, I'm rooting for Ben Turner.

My tip for a Paris-Roubaix outsider is Ganna.

0 likes

I put a bet on Ganna for P-R at the start of the season which guarantees he will DNF! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Perfect rider for P-R... If fit!

My picks this year seem to crash or get sick.

1 like

And Paris-Roubaix is the biggest lottery of them all! 

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Not sure if it's due to the hour change at the weekend, but the window for DDV seems to be set to close an hour late. I'm pretty sure they are off just after 11am UK time based on the race website. Sorry to be so pedantic! 

tony kappler replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yes I missed the daylight saving. Hope I didn't advantage anyone. Had to disappear well before race start so I didn't pick it up. All times were set to 9am UTC, and I change  a couple of days before race when I have more details.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

No worries! It must be a real pain when you are in a completely different time zone and daylight saving gets thrown in as well! 

0 likes

Forgot to do my bloody team for Milano San Remo.  For some reason I thought the race was Sunday.  In a Catholic country!  Doh!

Add to that the fact that I picked a team for both races on Opening Weekend (my riders did better in Kuurne  - Brussels -Kuurne which wasn't in the game) and it is safe to say my Classics is an unmitigated disaster.

How on Earth am I still doing OK in the overall?  Lucky, maybe?

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Just checking start time for Brugge -De Panne and it looks like the window shuts a little early at 8 am UK time. Looks like race starts at 10.30 am UK time so maybe possible to push window back by a couple of hours? 

Gecko-cyclist | 1 year ago
0 likes

Back u online now. It must have been a temporary blip!

Gecko-cyclist | 1 year ago
0 likes

The fantasy site seems to be down tonight unless it's just me? With strafe bianche and 2 other races coming up this weekend fingers crossed it's up and running again soon....

stevemarks | 1 year ago
0 likes

No K-B-K???

tony kappler replied to stevemarks | 1 year ago
1 like

No, sorry. I picked all the world tour races (1.UWT)

Jonas Lorenzen | 1 year ago
0 likes

Arnaud De Lie removed from list?

tony kappler replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 1 year ago
0 likes

Andy has been doing a lot of background data input and I don't know if it is related to that. Firstcycling lists Menten instead of DeLie, but everyone else is still listing DeLie. Anyway I have swapped them again so DeLie is in. It is a constant job trying to keep startlists up to date.

Condor Andy replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah that was it. I was doing mental updating work today and just whistle stop smashed through the start list based on First Cycling. 

Jonas Lorenzen replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Awesome job. Cheers 👍

Latest Comments