Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Replace lost charging door on Garmin 830

I had the misfortune to lose the charging door/cover on my Garmin 830 on rough roads. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement. I tried Garmin but searching their website for spare part is futile. I can get one from China but they all say they are rubber, but the original is plastic.

Any help is much appreciate

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

hawkinspeter | 1 week ago
0 likes
kinderje | 1 week ago
3 likes

Have you tried Garmin customer service? My charging door woudn't close properly and would shake loose on every ride. A call to Garmin and they put one in the post for me - very fiddly to fit but works!

wellcoordinated replied to kinderje | 1 week ago
0 likes

Good idea. I logged a support call with Garmin, a couple of days ago still waiting to here from them. I'm not holding my breath though..!

ChasP | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

The descriptions of articles from China are often inaccurate due to translation. They're not going to be made from natural rubber, they will be plastic but may not match the original for hardness. Have you looked if there are any reviews? For the cost of one from China I would give it a try.

wellcoordinated replied to ChasP | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Thanks ChasP, I didn't relise that. I might give it a go..

cheer

Rendel Harris | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

If you know anyone with, or can access, a 3-D printer there are patterns available online that would allow you to print your own plastic version, e.g. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5454786

wellcoordinated replied to Rendel Harris | 2 weeks ago
1 like

I thought I had replied to your post Rendel. But anyway thanks for your suggestion.

i have a 3D printer so might give it a go.

Thqnks again

Rendel Harris replied to wellcoordinated | 2 weeks ago
0 likes

Welcome, hope it works!

Latest Comments