Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Silverstone - policing the wrong ‘uns - Tea Shop

Northants police have tweeted that there is "credible intelligence" of a planned disruption of Silverstone.

The responses on Twitter are among the most worrying I've ever seen from driver types. The way so many reach for violence in their responses, followed by the usual driver victimhood - wow. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

chrisonabike | 1 year ago
1 like

I heard there were a gang of noisy hooligans there last year stopping cars going a decent speed (about 200mph).  No wonder they can't control themselves.

Wait - pass this footage on to the police!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE5ffn70uR4

I think there is a connection and language does matter.  It's just not always "direct from the keyboard to the carnage" (pun intended).  Universal trope, the powerful / (self-declared) majority crying "we're the victims / under threat" and laying about themselves.  Examples currently available across the world!

John Fernando replied to chrisonabike | 2 months ago
0 likes

The tweet from Northants police regarding credible intelligence of a planned disruption of Silverstone has certainly sparked concerning reactions on Twitter. It's troubling to witness how some individuals resort to violence or express aggressive sentiments in response to such news.

The tendency for some people to react with hostility or aggression, followed by a sense of victimhood, reflects a broader issue in society regarding conflict resolution and the way people respond to perceived threats or challenges.

In situations like this, it's important for law enforcement agencies to maintain calm and professionalism while addressing potential disruptions or threats to public safety. Likewise, it's crucial for individuals to express their concerns or frustrations in a constructive manner, without resorting to violence or hostile behavior.

I found more information of case study psychology here https://essaypro.com/blog/how-to-write-a-psychology-case-study

Social media platforms often amplify emotions and reactions, making it even more important for users to engage in respectful and thoughtful dialogue, especially in sensitive situations like the one involving Silverstone.

Ultimately, promoting understanding, empathy, and peaceful resolution of conflicts is essential in fostering a safer and more harmonious society.

Latest Comments