Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Itzulia Basque Country

I think the transfer window is set too late for this one. It shut an hour after the TT started today &  looks set to shut an hour late tomorrow as well. Hopefully nobody would take advantage of this but it does leave the possibility of sharp practice! 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

tony kappler | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Both pcs and the official site say Delaplace was first over KOM 1 (87.8km). However pcs also says that at 86.9km (89km to go), Kuss and Del Toro attacked. And the KOM classification puts Del Toro at 15pts. This implies that Del Toro was first over KOM1, not Delaplace. Can anyone confirm this?

MinardiM189 replied to tony kappler | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Following live I got the impression Kuss & Del Toro had attacked and went over the Kom together & they were caught on the descent

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

That was my impression too & PCS have now altered their leaderboard for that climb to put Del Toro & Kuss first & second over. The official website has Delaplace first over but the remainder is correct. It is clearly a mistake as Delaplace has no mountain points! I reckon they starting typing  Del for Del Toro and it auto corrected to Delaplace! 

TERatcliffe26 replied to 11waterloo | 3 weeks ago
1 like

I mean when I was reading PCS and they attacked I was suprised when I saw the results on the official site and when I saw Del Toro 2nd in the mountains.

But I just scored off the official site

Will look at it later before scoring todays stage and update it as im off out now

11waterloo replied to TERatcliffe26 | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Much appreciated. You can only go off what is published - it's a shame that the officials aren't as eagle eyed as us cycling nerds!!

11waterloo | 3 weeks ago
1 like

My gut feeling is not to score that stage as it was (quite rightly) neutralised . 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 3 weeks ago
0 likes

Yeah, don't know what I'd do to be honest.  Only scoring 6 riders seems a bit odd to me but the others weren't racing, so their positions shouldn't count, I suppose.

It looks as though nobody has life-threatening injuries.  It could have been a lot worse.

It would have been exciting to watch Vingegaard trying to drop Skelmose, Roglic, Evenepoel and Ayuso.

MinardiM189 replied to Daniel Norton | 3 weeks ago
1 like

Hopefully all the riders will be back fully recovered soon.

As you say such a shame that we will miss what would have been an extraordinary battle between the favourites.

On a persoanl note, I see you went for Izagirre, Del Toro, Gregoire choice in the purist. I am pleased to see this as it shows my thinking is going in the right direction.

Unfortunately I decided to swap them out for a McNulty, Formolo, Ryan combnation at the last minute.

MinardiM189 | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

I guess the clocks changing in Europe has caused some confusion.

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 4 weeks ago
0 likes

That was my guess too. Hopefully people don't take advantage of it.

Latest Comments