Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Autumn Classics

Is San Sebastian included in the Autumn Classics?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

Daniel Norton | 2 months ago
0 likes

Oops, didn't get back from holiday in time to submit Strada team!  I did say I wouldn't worry about the overall this year due to it being a bit much trying to stay on top of things but it's still irritating as I drop out of classics race, realistically.

11waterloo | 6 months ago
0 likes

Currently in Los Angeles so was relieved to get my team sorted for Lombardia and was able to watch the finish over breakfast. But more excitingly I saw Mount Baldy of Tour of California fame yesterday which is surprisingly close to LA. 

Daniel Norton | 7 months ago
0 likes

Fuc4 me, Jumbo didn't win one race, at least!  Maybe, just maybe, it might be a non-Jumbo rider in la Vuelta tomorrow.

It's getting ridiculous how easy they are making it look.

MinardiM189 replied to Daniel Norton | 7 months ago
0 likes

They are doing what Sky did better than Sky did it.

Vingegaard = Froome

Kuss = Porte (but better)

+ Roglic

and there is less competition now.

No more Contador, Nibali, Quintana or even Aru

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 7 months ago
0 likes

And Quick Step have got no plan B now. Van Wilder might be regretting his decision to opt out now! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 7 months ago
0 likes

They have won nearly every stage in the Tour of Britain as well.  Ultra strong in the classics, one week races AND GTs.  Amazing team.

The French will have a few theories about how their riders are competitive all season, no doubt.

Velophaart_95 replied to Daniel Norton | 7 months ago
0 likes

But their MTB riders haven't be so good......

11waterloo | 7 months ago
0 likes

Has something odd happened with the window for the Quebec race? It shut at 1pm UK time and everyone's transfers were visible, but now it has reopened and shuts at 15.30. In itself that is no problem, as the race doesn't start until 16.00 but surely it can't be right to re-open the window once it has closed when it was possible to see everyone's transfers (they can't be seen now the window has re-opened). I do like to see what transfers my fellow players have made and so saw what a few other players have done once the window closed for the first time. I could theoretically change my selection based on that knowledge (I won't, I promise! ) as could any of us now it is open again! 

MinardiM189 replied to 11waterloo | 7 months ago
0 likes

How do you see fellow players transfers ?

11waterloo replied to MinardiM189 | 7 months ago
0 likes

In any competition or in the dashboard (for season long classification) just click on the players name & it gives you the option of seeing their stage score/transfer history /palmares/ competition archive. I always like a nosey at what other players have done! But I shouldn't be able to do it until the window has closed for obvious reasons. The window shut today so everything was visible for a while but then it re-opened which meant that theoretically someone could readjust their selection based on what another player had done. I doubt anyone actually did that but it shouldn't have happened! 

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 7 months ago
1 like

Yeah I didn't know that was possible. The window was shutting way too early. I popped on to double check earlier and realised it was wrong, so I gave folk some more time.

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 7 months ago
0 likes

No worries, it just got me a bit confused that having seen what some of transfers were, the window reopened! 

0 likes

If I'd known that, I could have made sure we had different teams. (I wouldn't)

Hope nobody copied my almost magnificent selections. yes

MinardiM189 replied to Daniel Norton | 7 months ago
0 likes

I guess you didn'tgo for Ethan Hayter then ?

Why the hell did I pick him?

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 7 months ago
0 likes

Yours was the team I had looked at 😂! 

0 likes

Hope you all picked Hayter. (Yes I did)

MinardiM189 | 7 months ago
0 likes

Good to see that the startlist for Grand Prix Cycliste de Québec has been updated.

I nearly missed this as I forgot it was a Friday evening race.

Guzzibear | 8 months ago
0 likes

Has the pick a team process gone wonky. I chose my team last night and was not convinced that the riders I chose were actually in the race but assumed that they must be as I could chose them for the race. At 5am ish this morning my email shows that most of my choices were not riding and therefore I only had 2 riders in my list that were actually in the race and to add insult to injury neither of them scored any points. indecision

MinardiM189 replied to Guzzibear | 8 months ago
1 like

I used the show all riders feature and the start list on Pro Cycling Stats.

So at least all my riders started.

Unfortunately only 3 of the riders I picked scored points.

Condor Andy | 9 months ago
1 like

We're going to put on a stand alone comp for San Sebastian. I'll do it tonight.

The rest of the classics are too far away and I need to decide on a final race list. Some of the Pro level races have great start lists and others not so much. So I need to go through them all.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 9 months ago
0 likes

Sorry Andy, I opened Autumn Classics without reading this post.

There appear to be only 6 one day world tour races (1.UWT) left this year. I have included them all with hardly any correct details about them (ie 200km and 10am start are default guesses, which I will ammend as more detail becomes available).

Latest Comments