Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2024 season standard competition

Hi guys, just to let you know, that I have decided to pull the plug on the 2024 season, except probably for the grand tours. I just don't have the enthusiasm that I once did.

In the last 9 years, in the standard season comp, Iv'e come first, six times, second, once and third, twice, so I feel I don't have a lot left to strive for. Probably my best year was 2022 when I won the TdF and the Vuelta.

Iv'e enjoyed the comraderie of the forum, the banter, the ideas and generally polite conversations.

Iv'e also found setting up comps and scoring has increased insight into the races.

Road.cc has stood the test of time and I think the scoring rules and operation are just the best. Thanks Dave.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Daniel Norton | 1 month ago
0 likes

It does feel like a shame that so many of the top players are not seriously trying to win the overall at the minute.  Perhaps it will motivate a few different players to work harder at it?  I already missed a stage as I expected to.  Too much travel makes it next to impossible for me to put a team out every day.

Some "newcomers" doing really well might motivate some of us to have another crack at the overall next season.

Will miss the competition and the camaraderie.

stevemarks | 1 month ago
0 likes

Absolutely no question the first guy I go to to see who he's picked to beat me so comprehensively. I have learnt so much chomping distantly at your heels Tony, Its just a shame that now a chink of light will appear at the top, similarly I am thinking of tipping my hat for the last time.

Bon Chance!

11waterloo | 1 month ago
0 likes

That is sad news but I fully understand your reasoning Tony. I was thinking of doing something similar but have started the season quite well so am hanging on in there for now. You are the benchmark against which I have always judged myself and suspect most other players do also. As you rightly say, you have nothing left to prove. If the game had a hall of fame you would be the first name in there! Hopefully we can still lock horns in the grand tours. 

runaroundsioux | 1 month ago
0 likes

Sad news indeed my friend. Your record speaks for itself, and you are right, you have nothing more to achieve.   We will have a beer sometime soon and I will fill you in with what you are missing 

Latest Comments