Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Workouts - Garmin - Zwift - HOW???

I have workouts and a training plan in zwift, and i want to get the workouts into my Garmin.

I can't afford TrainingPeaks. is there an alternative?

TIA

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

HLaB | 1 month ago
0 likes

intervals.icu is a good free alternative to TP

thered replied to mark1a | 1 month ago
0 likes

I've done that bit, and imported them into the devices, but I can't create a training programme unless they are in Garmin Connect.

mark1a replied to thered | 1 month ago
0 likes

So if you have the workouts files converted to FIT, instead of adding them directly to the Garmin device, could you import them into Garmin Connect, then create a new training plan in the GC calendar using the workouts, adding day by day? 

thered replied to mark1a | 1 month ago
0 likes

Garmin Connect won't import a FIT file into workouts, only courses, it will import a training plan from TrainingPeaks but that's an expensive sub and I'll get minimal value from it.

mark1a replied to thered | 1 month ago
0 likes

I guess then the cost of avoiding that sub is manually copying/recreating the workout steps provided by Zwift and populating the calendar. Is the reason you want to transfer to Garmin to be able to do them outside? Otherwise I think I'd just do the plan indoors directly in Zwift. 

I've only ever used a Garmin Connect training plan once, for a knee injury recovery, and I simply added in some power & time interval steps that the physio gave me. 

Latest Comments