Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SRAM Force etap AXS gen 1

Grateful for any thoughts here - Ive the opportunity to purchase a new bike that has the gen1 force groupset, with the bike being at a decent discount.
Everything else about the bike is perfect but I am wavering on the groupset because of comparisons of it against the Ultegra Di2 and the gen 2 SRAM force, which have put me off a bit.
Im currently using cabled Ultegra so I am thinking I am going to get the benefit of electronic shifting so should i forget about the comparisons and make the purchase?!
There aren’t other bikes in contention here, just a nagging concern i might be purchasing something that isnt as good as it could be and I’ll end up with buyers remorse. Daft i know….

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

thax1 | 4 months ago
1 like

Got gen 1 Force AXS on my 2020 SuperSix. 

Absolutely bloomin' lovely. Would have on all my bikes if I could.

Buy and enjoy.

(for ref I have had previous gen mechanical Ultegra, 105, & Rival to compare)

Backladder replied to thax1 | 4 months ago
0 likes

I have it on my 2019 Roubaix, it has worked faultlessly (although mainly dry weather use) and overall is at least as good as the Ultegra Di2 on my 2014 Genesis. I particularly like the fact that one flat battery doesn't leave you stranded on a singlespeed.

HKR | 4 months ago
1 like

The only difference with d2 is the shape of the levers.  D1 is an absolute bargain at the moment.  And so much better than di2 in my view.  

Latest Comments