Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Need a bit of lightheartedness

This came up on my feed. Made me smile. Hope it makes you too. 

https://youtu.be/Tq_xTeWiv6I

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

HoldingOn | 10 months ago
2 likes

A slightly different version of "lightheartedness", but it made me smile the other day:

Chimp goes outdoors for first time

Rendel Harris replied to HoldingOn | 10 months ago
2 likes

Saw that, loved it. Like to get my hands on the buggers who kept her indoors for 28 years mind...

giff77 replied to HoldingOn | 10 months ago
1 like

Saw it as well. Really moving. 

chrisonabike | 10 months ago
0 likes

I'd forgotten that one!  Excellent!

giff77 replied to chrisonabike | 10 months ago
2 likes

I vaguely remembered it to. My fettling is basic to say the least but I do have a sense of super hero powers when I get called on to tweak a cable 😀

brooksby | 10 months ago
2 likes

Brilliant!  I'd never even heard of that Python sketch before.

PS - Do you reckon John Cleese is pretending to be Roulereo of this parish at the end...?  3

giff77 replied to brooksby | 10 months ago
2 likes

My thoughts as well. I'm sure Flint, Roulereo etc we're all in ecstasy at that point 🤣

wtjs replied to brooksby | 10 months ago
2 likes

I'd never even heard of that Python sketch before

You have to be old enough.

giff77 replied to wtjs | 10 months ago
2 likes

wtjs wrote:

You've now made brooksby's day. 

brooksby replied to giff77 | 10 months ago
1 like

giff77 wrote:

wtjs wrote:

You've now made brooksby's day. 

I've seen a lot of Python over the years but missed that one, for some reason.  Too young to have watched it the first time around, but old enough to remember when it was still being repeated on broadcast telly (have just rediscovered it on Netflix).

0 likes

yeah. I'm in the same boat. Didn't really appreciate Python until secondary school. The Goons also are a favourite. The humour though wouldn't get airtime now. I was reading that Cleese was dropping "Always Look on the Bright Side" as it no longer offended for a new stage show. He was keeping others which now have risen to offensive rather than just plain silly. 

Roulereo replied to brooksby | 10 months ago
2 likes

Wish I could get a rebate, because clearly I'm living rent free in your heads...hahaha

brooksby replied to Roulereo | 10 months ago
2 likes

Roulereo wrote:

Wish I could get a rebate, because clearly I'm living rent free in your heads...hahaha

Well, if you'd prefer we invoice you...?  3

1 like

If we invoice him we'll be caught in a contract and have obligations. The current status quo allows us to tolerate him and fling him out of need be 

chrisonabike replied to giff77 | 10 months ago
1 like
giff77 wrote:

The current status quo allows us to tolerate him and fling him out of need be 

"Ignore" more than "tolerate". Clearly not here for dialog, and I can't imagine I'd be taking anything from their perspective either. Well, maybe being extremely skeptical of any authority (with the exception of their fave obvs.) and paranoid that any new rules will be misused to hassle the common folk. I probably don't need much more of that though.

I can't recall anything informative or positive about bikes or cycling from that quarter and no humour either. I'm not gonna get "those" jokes though.

HoldingOn | 10 months ago
2 likes

Indeed and a much needed smile too.
If I could do as much maintenance on my car as I do my bike, I would save myself so much money!

Latest Comments