Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Marco Pantani: Death of a Pirate

This has been out for a couple of weeks but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the cycling press, so I thought some people on here might be interested. Haven't listened to it yet so can't vouch for the quality, but I'm certainly going to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p09k7ctp

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Rendel Harris | 10 months ago
1 like

Listened to the first two episodes now, very good so far. Possibly a little too much "layman's terms" at times for some road.cc readers but generally very interesting, brings back a lot of memories of following cycling in the 90s and Matt Rendell's (no relation) insights are excellent.

Dicklexic replied to Rendel Harris | 10 months ago
1 like

I've only listened to the first episode, but certainly intend to listen to the rest. Very good so far.

If it's anything like the 'Spygate' series that they did (for some reason hosted by DJ Pete Tong!) about the Formula One teams Ferrari/McLaren spying saga, then it should be okay for both knowledgable cycling fans and casuals alike. As a long time F1 fan I felt the Spygate series was a fairly decent balance between exlplaining basic stuff to the uninititated, and keeping it interesting for those that already know plenty about the sport.

Latest Comments