Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Lexyne 1300 XXL will not switch off

After a long ride on Sunday, I put my light on charge as it had stopped flashing during the ride. Strangely, the LED didn't change to amber or red but was showing blue.
Put the light on charge and once fully charged it started to flash without turning it on. It now cycles between the standard flash and a really fast flash that is not one of the standard functions.
Tried holding the LED down for 30 seconds-no change.
Currently trying to discharge the battery to see if that works.

Any thoughts? Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Bigtwin | 4 months ago
0 likes

Lezyne lights are good at this - I've had 3 that do it.  The current special is a rear that won't switch off (will change mode from solid to flashing though) unless on a USB charger.  It's nice and bright so I leave it plugged in near the back door, and it goes on and off the bike each time I ride.  I have Exposures for "proper" use. (or USE, if you like a pun...)

BBB | 5 months ago
0 likes

Get an Exposure light.

mike the bike | 5 months ago
1 like

I've had three Lezyne* lights and, while they are sturdily built and offer reasonable run-times, two of them have developed irritating faults that spoil the experience.

The mini USB socket on one ceased working, meaning I had to remove the battery to recharge it and the other displays random flashing patterns like yours.  Neither is a killer problem but I won't be spending my money with them again.  There are loads of good manufacturers out there and LEDs are soo cheap these days.

* I'm assuming you meant Lezyne.

AlexMacrae replied to mike the bike | 5 months ago
0 likes

I assume that you never managed to rectify the flashing light problem? It's still flashing after 2 days. Hope to run the battery flat which may reset it

Creakingcrank | 5 months ago
1 like

No experience of Lezyne lights, but I have had lights that do weird flashing things to indicate they are not happy on the charger: too little power arriving due to a low power source, duff cable etc. Might be worth trying alternative adapters or wires to see if that's the problem.

AlexMacrae replied to Creakingcrank | 5 months ago
0 likes

Thanks. No issue charging. Maybe there's a faulty motherboard

Simon E replied to AlexMacrae | 5 months ago
0 likes

Could it be the button?

I've had 2 smaller Lezyne front lights that failed due to the on/off/mode button. A Zecto 250 front light that hasn't been used much but is very difficult to turn on and off, it takes a very firm press, sometimes requiring both thumbs. I expect there will come a time when it won't turn on at all. And a rear Micro Drive which hadn't been used much (only with full mudguards) that simply wouldn't come on one day.

David9694 replied to Simon E | 5 months ago
1 like

That would by guess and when you open it up, inside it's usually just one of these.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/switches/keyboard-keypad-switches/tactile...

AlexMacrae replied to David9694 | 5 months ago
0 likes

Thank you all for your comments. Luckily it is covered under warranty.

Latest Comments