Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1423 comments

sk8ir | 11 years ago
2 likes

My old Klein Quantum Race, freshly rebuilt (it's my daily ride, but it's not always this clean!). Mix of Campag Daytona and Centaur, RaceFace Cadence cranks, Velocity A23 rims on Ambrosio hubs. One of the last Chehalis-built frames before Klein was absorbed into the Trek empire.

Gepin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Something a little unusual.... Here is my Massi Team Carbon. It replaces my Olmo that was a write-off after a car decided to wipe me out back in Febuary.

cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes

My brand new Boardman SLR 9.8 build (excuse the non-matching tyres, front being replaced today!) Red 2012 gruppo & Ritchey carbon/pro finishing kit. Only covered 50 miles so far. Speedy  1

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

@cortina

That's one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen.

Where'd you get it from?

cortina | 11 years ago
0 likes

Got me started now:
My 80s race bike - Geoffrey Butler Columbus SL with Campag Super Record
Dolan Prefissio commuter/winter bike
My soon-to-be-ex Boardman Pro Carbon

smokeysmoo | 11 years ago
0 likes

Cannondale CAAD10 DA & Fuji Feather

Neys | 11 years ago
0 likes

2012 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.0

This is my first "proper" road bike, moved to this after 4 years of half hearted cycling on a Raleigh Airlite 200. In the 6 weeks I've owned it, I've gone from never cycling more than 30 miles to regularly doing 60mi loops in the Lakes... Must be the bike...

photo (1)

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whoa whoa whoaaaa.

Don't knock the Airlites.  1

allez rikki | 11 years ago
0 likes

Heres my Pride and joy ( I need to get a better picture)

It weighs in at about 9Kg (I wish i could afford to make it lighter though)

2010 Specialized Allez 16

Look Keo max 2 carbon pedals
Fulcrum racing 5 wheels
Conti GP4000 tyres
3T carbon post

A few other bits too  1

Thanks

russyparkin replied to Russell_M | 11 years ago
0 likes

cube do make some classy looking bikes i have to say. very nice

Super Domestique replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin wrote:

isnt it tarmac geometry but in aluminium? agreed allez are good just not flashy.

not a bad thing

Yes from the 2011 model on they have same geometry as Tarmac.

Nothing wrong with the Allez which is why I posted a picture of my 2010 model here.

mancsi replied to themartincox | 11 years ago
0 likes
Martin - LeJogLe wrote:

My lovely Raleigh SP Race before 2000miles of riding and the 'custom' bar taping at the end of the ride!

You have your bars dropped low!? That why them hands are suffering. Love your bike though

SimonMast replied to obutterwick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nice! How do you find the Ultra Sports? I like the Gatorskins, but the Ultra Sports are available in 27 x 1/8...

trikeman replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Cheeky bit of Colnago in the corner.

What about a DA crankset?

Oh' I dream of a 7900 crankset, but I would definately end up female like if my Wife caught me with one of those cranksets - jeeze (although they are the biz) they are really expensive. I think if I could substantiate it to myself, then I would be able to 'advise' the Wife. However, I don't think it would make me any faster or better so I would have difficulty substantiating it as my right eye would start quivering - a dead giveaway.  13

Would only look nicer I keep telling myself.

Regards

Trikeman.  3

trikeman replied to russyparkin | 11 years ago
0 likes
russyparkin wrote:

is that the one you resprayed yourself? if so hats off etc

Yep, tis the same one. Prepped and sprayed by my own hands.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

SimonMast replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, thanks!

I've just noticed the Conti SuperSport. A lot heavier as if I'll notice, but they come in 1 1/8, which is what I'd prefer to be using...

stuke replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

How is fixie Time Trialling?

A steep learning curve!!

I haven't raced for 2 years after deciding to take a break, but the competetive urge has come back so decided to have a go fixed and (try)not to take things too seriously this time around.

Did a 59:30 in my first 25 the other night so a long way to go considering I used to consistently knockout 55 min 25's on gears

It's loads of fun though  4

cortina replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Why thanks you  9 I've only had it a week but I'm utterly sold already.
It's a self-build - frame via Corridori in Epsom

londonplayer replied to andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

how are you finding the Athena groupset?

themartincox replied to mancsi | 11 years ago
0 likes

funny you should mention the bars, normally its the seat that gets the queries!

I was finding the position to be really comfy actually, until someone noticed the saddle and then it was a real annoyance!

i think the 23cc tyres @ 115psi could have been a contributing factor to tired hands, that and many consecutive 15hr days in the saddle!

but it is a great bike to ride, really enjoyed our time together and would thoroughly recommend - got a few disdainful comments about Raleighs to start off with, but as a bike maker they have got much better again!

*disclaimer - I am from Nottingham so I believe I am contractually obliged to say nice things about Raleigh

obutterwick replied to SimonMast | 11 years ago
0 likes

No complaints at all. Currently on 700x25 but got some bargain 23's last weekend at a cycle show, so will put those on sometime. No punctures either, touch wood.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Are you on the young heroes team?

jamjam | 11 years ago
0 likes

my Canyon Ultimate cf slx in Young Heroes team colours, only one in this colour in the country I think. very nice and fast. Full campag record.

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

sticky now, innit  1

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

As it's now a sticky I thought I would add further to the thread.

Here is my infamous Allez which is now my winter / bad weather bike.

IMAG0047

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

My CAAD10 in the winter, pretty much stock. Now has RS80s and nicer tyres

bashthebox replied to zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aww, you do some of the same roads I do. Nice pic of the essex loveliness.

(edit - @zzgavin)

mancsi | 11 years ago
0 likes

My reserve Capo, main bike is the above Bianchi.

stuke | 11 years ago
2 likes

going through a bit of a fixed phase at the moment so we have got a genesis flyer, my Dolan tt bike and my ribble commuter. The ribble is about to be replaced by a Decade Convert 2, photos when its ready, lastly my daughter wanted her peppa pig bike included. Note she is also on fixed  1

lycraConflagrant replied to stuke | 5 years ago
8 likes

stuke wrote:

going through a bit of a fixed phase at the moment so we have got a genesis flyer, my Dolan tt bike and my ribble commuter. The ribble is about to be replaced by a Decade Convert 2, photos when its ready, lastly my daughter wanted her peppa pig bike included. Note she is also on fixed  1

Can we just all agree that this is the best bike on the forum?

Pages

Latest Comments